Frequently Asked Questions
- Is my credit card information safe?
We use an external credit card processor, Stripe Payment Systems. They clear over 200 million purchases each day around the world. Amazon, Google, Uber, and Microsoft are all companies that also use Stripe Payment Systems. Stripe’s unique way of processing the payment means that your credit card number is never kept on our servers. Let me say this again, we DO NOT keep your credit card details on our servers at ANY time. Everything is kept on Stripes' infrastructure which is world class in security, privacy and reliability.
- Who do I talk to if I have a issue with my payment?
The answer depends on what the problem is.
- If there is a fraudulent charge on your credit card please contact your credit card supplier and report it immediately.
- If your account is suspended due to an expired card or has been declined, then log into the members area and update your card information. When a successful payment is made your account will be reactivated automatically.
- How can I find the charge on my statement? You will see a charge on your statement with the heading "Foundryserver.com".
- What is FoundryVTT
Foundry Virtual Tabletop (FVTT for short) is an application built specifically for experiencing multiplayer tabletop roleplaying games with your friends and party members over the internet. FVTT works using modern web technologies where one player (the host) runs an application which hosts the game server and other players can connect using a web browser. As a "virtual tabletop", the software provides a set of digital tools which are designed to imitate and expand upon the experience of playing a game in-person with your friends. Support for character sheets, rolling dice, exploring battle maps, and moving heroic tokens are just a few of the many features which enable this experience. Foundry Virtual Tabletop goes well beyond the basic feature set, however, with rich dynamic lighting, fog of war, audio playlists, video chat using webcams, and way more. FVTT gives you everything you need (and then some) to forge thrilling and memorable moments with your gaming group!
- What is the module "Enables server notifications"?
This is a very important module. When you create your world please make sure you include this module and ensure it is enabled at all times. This allows Foundry Server to issue notices to all active game servers. This would be used in the event of a pending maintenance window or forced reboot. This way you can cleanly exit your server and not lose any important information.
- How is my bandwidth usage caluclated?
Any data that comes into and out of the server is accounted for:
- While your game server is running, all data that is received and sent by foundry vtt is accounted for.
- When you use the sFTP feature, that data is also account for, in both upload and download.
- When you create and download a backup, that data is also accounted for.
- Any data that comes from an S3 bucket is NOT accounted for as that is a separate product.
- Can I buy FoundryVTT from your site?
No! We are simply a hosting provider for the application. All rights are those of FoundryVTT.
- If I am having trouble with the Foundry VTT where do I go for help?
For assistance related to the Foundry Virtual Tabletop software, please contact the software developers using one of the following communication channels:
- Do I have to mess with port forwarding?
No! That is the benefit of using our hosting service. We take care of it all, just point your browser to your game url and you are good to go.
- How come I have agree to the EULA more than once?
At foundryserver.com we use more than one machine to host the game servers. Due to the way the software works, each machine will need to record that you agree to the EULA. If you hit a new machine it will prompt you again.
- Why can't I upgrade my foundry software from inside the program?
In a multi user platform we need to control the software versions in a centralized location. This reduces the required disk space needed by each user. This also frees up more disk space for your account. In this way we can roll out new versions and hotfixes as they come out in a more controlled and tested way.
- How do I apply a hotfix to my game server?
This is done automatically once the hotfix has been tested on our servers.
- Is there a trial period?
We are so sure that you will be satisfied with our service, that there is no need for a trail. Once you start using our platform, you won't go anywhere else.
- Can I use ftp to upload content?
Yes and no. You cannot use a standard ftp client to upload content however you can use secure ftp(sFTP). You can find all the configuration information in the members area of your account. You can also use our custom web based file manager. This is also located in your account area. There is a single file size limit of 100 MB when using the web based file manager and there is no file size limit when using a sFTP client.
- Who owns the rights to the data I upload?
The copyright stay with the creator of the artwork and content. You have access to the data at all times via the file manager or the automated backup system that is in your account options.
- Am I allowed to upload copyrighted material?
Only if you have permission from the author or it is your own creative material.
- Can I move my game to another hosting provider?
You have access to your game data at all times. You can retrieve your game data and move it to another provider (if they allow importing of existing data) or return to self-hosting. There are no licensing transfer steps required since the license stays with the user, not with the hosting provider.
- Do you backup my data?
- We will backup your account information.
- We will NOT backup your game data.
- We will NOT backup your software license key provided by Foundry VTT.
- We will NOT backup credit card information as we don't hold that information on our servers.
- It is your responsibility to backup your own game data.
- If I delete my account or change my username can I change my mind and get my old username back?
The username is frozen for 30 days after the account has been deleted or a username has been changed. It is then put back in the pool of available names. The 30 days is to allow for old players to stop trying to connect to a game that no longer exists. It is the same principle telephone companies use. There has to be a cooling off period to let people know that person no longer has that phone number.
- If I have questions or need help with FoundryVTT can you help?